MEA Region 9 Information
MEA has divided the State of Michigan into 18 different “political” regions. Our region is Region 9; which includes all MEA Local Associations in Allegan, Ionia, Kent, Montcalm, and Ottawa counties. Region 9 is the second largest region by population.
- MEA Region 9 connects Local Associations to the MEA.
- MEA Region 9 is a political organization dedicated to the issues and policies of the MEA.
- MEA Region 9 is a forum for the views of our membership.
- MEA Region 9 is an initiator of policy for the Representative Assembly (the legislative body of MEA).
- MEA Region 9 is the body that nominates and elects our members to the MEA Board of Directors.
- Every local is part of MEA Region 9 and has a delegate seat at MEA Region 9 meetings.
- Every local with 75 or more members has a delegate to the Representative Assembly (the legislative body of MEA). If the local does not have 75 members they are part of a Cluster and are represented by a Cluster delegate.
- There are also “At-large” delegates to the Representative Assembly. These delegates are elected by MEA Region 9 delegates from the locals within MEA Region 9.